Thursday, February 10, 2011

Victory is empty without struggle

Today I read an email from a friend. Actually it was more of a devotion but it has changed my perspective a little. I don't usually get caught up on material things. I've struggled my whole life. Don't get me wrong, we have never gone without & I had a great childhood. We've never lived in the same place for more than 6 months when I was a kid. Life was pretty unstable but my mom did the best she could as a single parent of 3 kids. And to me that is something to admire. So anyways back to the email. It was all about chapters in our lives. One chapter might be better than the next you just have to read thru it and make it to the next page.....In my life I do know what my ending is going to be. And I know that it's going to be a happy one. Not everyone can say that. Not everyone has what I have. This is not material things I'm speaking of, of course. But I just got so focused on the fact that I have to give up MY big house and MY big closet, everything that is MINE. I can't talk to Jeff about it because he feels as if he has failed me in some way because he knows that I don't want the life I had for my kids. I want stability. Who wouldn't? We decided that with the economy the way it has been that if he was laid off again we should start downsizing and cutting back where necessary.
So this all being said, I've decided to refocus and be more positive. Jeff is very excited about this house. How can I destroy that for him and point on the negative. I am blessed to have found a house, I have a job to where I can pay for it, my children have food, none of my kids are sick, and I am happily married. So even though this is a rough chapter for me I can't wait to see what God is writing for me next.

1 comment:

  1. oh Tara thats such a good way to look at everything. you are the sweetest person and deserve the best. I admire your faith. Stay strong as I know you guys are going through A LOT. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete