Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Date night

Well tonight was a first in a LONG time. I got to go on a date with my husband. Having 4 kids makes it a little tough to find a babysitter. We can't come and go as we please. Anyways, we went to Texas de Brazil. To sum this place up in one word...AMAZING! Its more like a high end buffet. They start you off with what they call a salad bar. There were so many interesting foods that probably any other time I would never try. Tonight was a night of firsts. A few things that I've tried that were better than I thought were the lobster bisque and lamb. Yes I never thought I would eat a poor little lamb but it was good. The best thing was the filet mignon.
Not only was it good food but there was good conversation and jokes. I got to enjoy time with my husband and for once we didn't worry about money, the kids or anything else that we typically talk about over dinner. We have decided that this place is the place for anniversary's & birthdays. We'll even come and celebrate the kids birthdays but they can stay at home :)
Throughout our little date we usually reminicse on how far we've come and what we've accomplished. Yea we don't own a house or actually own our trucks but really who cares? We passed one of those weekly places and Jeff said I remember when you used to live there. That was the last place I lived with my mom, brother and sister before I decided I wanted more for my life. In my truck Jeff put a peach air freshner (probably to cover up cigarette smell) Smells are a funny thing. It can bring back so many memories. The peach scent made me ask Jeff if he remembered when he put some little peach lotion set in my locker for my first birthday we celebrated together. I told him how sparingly I used it because I never had things like that. But today, I have a crapload of lotions. Its on my bathroom sink in a basket now. Just a little reminder of how little I use to have and how blessed I am. Yea lotion made me think about how much I really do have.
It puts my life into perspective.
Well this was my random blog for the day. Started with yummy food & ended with me reminding myself that I acheived my goal from being that 18 year old that lived in a weekly to where I am now.

Here is what was left of my lamb & filet mignon :)

1 comment:

  1. wow Tara I never knew aall that. I am glad you guys had a good date night because you both deserve it! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete