Friday, January 14, 2011

Bootcamp

So Kelly got this crazy idea in her head that we should join a bootcamp to lose the baby weight. This was actually something I added to my list of 25 things I wanted to accomplish this year. Maybe not as extreme as bootcamp but I thought....what the heck.

Day 1-As we were pulling up I realized what a panic attack was because I was about to have one. But we got outta the truck and walked to our deaths. Other than pilates every now and then I haven't run since high school. We started off running around Mission Hills Park which was estimated to be a mile. Todays workout consisted of pulling crazy big tires, throwing and bench pressing logs (which by the way I thought was gonna smash my face) and even a few one legged crab walks. I nearly fell out of the truck and was dreading what tomorrow might bring.

Day 2- What can I say? We ran. I hate running. We ran from the park to Foothill HS but we made a pitstop so we could pick up 2 lb rocks. We ran around the track. We ran up the bleachers. We ran around the track again full speed. We ran up the bleachers again. And then guess what? We ran a little more. Still not loving the bootcamp.

Day 3- Starting to think that these people are crazy! It was all lower body stuff.  I did the math and we did 650 squats. I cant say that by the end I was doing anything that even looked like a squat. On top of these we did activities that required jumping. Once you pop out a few babies thats not always a good thing.

Day 4- Medicine balls, weights, and chasers = Hot bath, ice pack to the knee, and a heating pad under my legs

I can't say that I am looking forward to our next session. Hopefully I will get excited when I see results but until then I'm going to enjoy my break.

*I've decided to add my daily bootcamps to this one.

Day 5- Today was all upper body. Started out with our warm up run around the park. Hopefully I can at least jog the whole way...still waiting for that day.
Today Julie split us up into 4 groups. Section 1 was gones evenly spaced out. We jumped over a cone, dropped and did a push up and continued until the end. Section two we hit huge tires with sledge hammers. Definately interesting. Section three planks with some major butt lifting. My tummy was feelin this. Section four was planks on a hill. We were army crawling it backwards! I can only imagine what onlookers think when they see us. Then it was back to push ups. Today I was most amazed when the instructor puts her hands on the ground and kicks her legs up so her feet are at the top of the gate (Looks almost like a handstand). She somehow shimmeys her way to the end. Kelly and I did this but without the shimmey part :)
Next was circle time. Everything was for the abs. Its my favorite part to work out! Last we jogged over to the picnic tables and did a variety of sit ups & pushups using the tables. Definately an interesting workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment