Thursday, January 27, 2011

It will be the death of me....

OK so i'm hanging in there with bootcamp. When I'm there some days seem rough but by the time 7pm rolls around I just think "YES!! I made it!"
Bootcamp Day 9- It was all upperbody. Although its challenging its always been my favorite. I'm sore the next day so I must be pushing myself. Between 100 leg lifts & tons of pushups uphill I'll meet my goal in no time.

Bootcamp Day 10- We headed over to do Towers. Yup again! We ran up 20 steps did 2 burpees ran some more until we were to the top of the water tower. If we made it before the last person we ran to the end to run up with them. Then we got straps that have loops on both ends. Partnered up and while your partner ran 20 you gave resistance, then sprinted 20 paces then reverse. Tough going up hill! Next we lined up in 3's and sprinted. Now this I can handle. Short distance running...piece of cake. All that long crap...NO THANK YOU! Last we walked uphill backwards. Killer on my thighs but at least we have a nice view of the entire city while we are out there.

Bootcamp Day 11- HATE HATE HATE it! I thought that I was going to keel over and die! Maybe it wouldnt have been so tough if it wasn't cardio the day before but it being lower body tonight I wanted run back to my truck and go home. We started off with the warm up run. Not the ordinary kind either. Split up and teams and grabbed the rope attached to a big ass 80 lb tire. We dragged that sucker around Mission Hills. There was no stopping because you would be pulled by the person in front of you or run over by the one behind you. I just prayed that the guy behind me was as big a slacker as I was. Next she had all the logs and concrete filled pipes laying out just waiting for us. The pipes were said to have weighed 30 lbs. Ha! Yea right. Jacob is 35lbs and those things were way heavier than him. 30 lbs my ass...
Well the challenge with these were to hold them the entire time. Lunges across the field, squats across the field, iron chair holding them and saying chants, (which were pretty funny but I was in too much pain to laugh), some kind of step things onto the bench....up down up down....im pretty sure i didnt manage 100 per leg there. We ended the night on the sidewalk doing some kind of leg lifts. When it was all done and over with I cant say how long I sat in my truck but I was contemplating on if anyone would notice me sleeping there. When I got home I felt like a zombie and actually thought I was going to throw up.
When I walked in the door my super awesome husband had already fed the kids, was taking Jacob upstairs to bed, on his way back to put Bekah down and had my dinner in the microwave! I think he's a keeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment